Coppice Valley Primary School
Be the best you can be
What is our vision?
Our vision is to be a school of inspiration, where children and adults love to learn and grow. We offer a unique education that aims to inspire our children to “dream big”, to be the best they can be by providing our families with a range of inspirational life experiences.
‘Children are at the heart of our school. What we do and how we do it opens doors to a promising future’ J
How will we do this?
By putting exciting, real experiences at the heart of everything we do.
By investing in our staff through challenging and robust professional development.
By developing strong and trusting relationships with our children, parents and the local community.
‘Growth and success are based on high quality opportunity and experience and the values of being the best you can.’
Our values are what we stand for. They’re at the heart of everything we do. They make us who we are and help us to stay focused on what we do and how we do it.
Our Values are:
• The uniqueness of the individual child
• The value of great relationships
• The importance of the stimulating environment we create for success
• All races, religions and abilities
• Our school rules at all times
“Our choices and opportunities define our destiny. There are no limits on what we can achieve in life except the limits we choose for our direction.”
• Experiential learning to be at the forefront of what we do, to inspire
• A growth mind-set approach for children and adults – where failure is an opportunity to reflect and learn,
• To be constantly improving and for all in the community to have a voice in this
• To be calculated risk-takers – to think big and fail small
• An enriching curriculum of experiences from sport to drama, the arts to outdoor learning to inspire our community to aim high in life
• To have a foundation of non-negotiable fundamental policies and procedures on which we build our unique and exciting experiences for the child.
We show PRIDE in:
• Our efforts to improve ourselves and the lives of others
• To instil confidence and self-esteem by enabling an environment for success. (Physical, academic, social and emotional)
• Our high standards of behaviour and attitudes for learning.
• The high quality experiences we provide for our children
• Taking care of ourselves, including our health and appearance, taking care of others and our environment
• Building trusting and kind relationships with each other, learning from our mistakes and exercising reflective and restorative practice
We aim to ENJOY & CHALLENGE by:
• Planning experiences and lessons that always take into account the uniqueness of the children they are for
• Following the non-negotiables of the school. This common framework creates the sense of security and boundaries our children need in which to thrive. From this baseline, they can flourish.
• Thinking differently and being adventurous in our teaching,; working from the foundation of the non-negotiables but always seeking to build on these with irresistible learning experiences.
• Never setting limits on what our children can achieve. All children should be given opportunities to reach higher than they think they can. No child is labelled for life at Coppice Valley School.