School development is always a key priority at Coppice Valley Primary. Being a part of a Teaching Alliance is a key driver in our development, allowing us to draw upon and share outstanding teaching and learning practices. We are constantly seeking to improve the quality of the learning experience for our children and the achievements they make.
Recently the school has:
- Developed the teaching and learning of Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation across the school
- Invested in more reading books across the school
- Developed reading environments -donated by the PTA
- Re-launched the uniform and appearance policy
- Redesigned the format of lunchtimes into a Family Service
- Implemented various lunchtime clubs and activities
- Invested in outdoor storage for playtime equipment.
- Introduced Numicon and Sense of Number maths resources
- Developed the use of the outdoor area
- Improved the flower beds and borders around the school to create a smart appearance
- Repainted the outside of the school
- Revamped the children's kitchen to meet the needs of the new curriculum -donated by PTA