- PE coach employed to provide more inter and intra school competitions and a wider range of sports available to pupils
- Lunchtime and afterschool sport increased to encourage more pupils to get involved in sport; wider variety of activities offered
- PE coach working closely with pastoral staff to support mental health and wellbeing in pupils
- PE coach working with teachers to identify pupils who need to additional support through PE to develop resilience, confidence and reciprocity.
- Professional development taught PE sessions from Total Sports Ltd
- Inter-school competitions between local primaries, organised by Coppice Valley staff
- Investment in more PE resources for football
- Lunchtime equipment replacements
2016-2017 - £9150
- Professional development focussed on football skills with Danny from Soccerkidz
- Inter-school football competitions every week after school at the local high school (Sporting Influence)
- Intra-school competitions (Sporting Influence)
- Hockey - resources bought for teaching hockey in lessons and afterschool club set up. Inter school competitions planned.
- Lunchtime equipment - tennis nets, racquets, goals, balls etc bought and adults leading sessions during lunch hours, using their professional development from last year.
2015-16 - £9200
This year, we are focussing our Sports development in these areas:
- Professional Development this year will be on the teaching of dance for KS2 teachers and cross curricular themed sessions for KS1. Staff felt that these were now the areas they needed most development in, following in from previous years training in games and athletics.
- Participation in sports fixtures against other schools (5 in total) and 6 weeks of intra-competition within school in the Summer term.
- Sports Numeracy Sessions - an intervention to boost maths skills using PE (20 pupils over 11 weeks, 1 hour a week)
- Literacy Through Sport - working in conjunction with Pobble, to boost the Literacy skills of 8 pupils for 5 weeks, using Sport as the medium.
- Lunch time Games club over 2 days a week - Sports professional delivering quality games sessions on the playground during lunch time, to increase physical activity and improve behaviours by ensuring pupils learn how to play games fairly.
- Equipment - ensuring the pupils have access to high quality equipment