Welcome to Beech Class Page!
Welcome back to Year 1
Curriculum coverage for this half term:-
Texts for this half term:
- Billionaire Boy
- The Rabbit Belongs to Emily Brown
We will continue to...
- use capital letters at the beginning of a sentence
- use finger spaces to separate words
- use full stops at the end of a sentence
- use cursive handwriting to form letters accurately
- we will also be learning about syllables
Have a look at our writing!
- /ea/ - beach, sea
- /ea/ - head, bread
- /a-e/ - bake, lake
- /e-e/, /i-e/
- /u-e/ - cube
- /o-e/ - phone, alone
- /oe/ - toes, goes
- /ow/ - snow, crow
- Count to and across 100, forwards and backwards, beginning with 0 or 1, or from any given number
- Count, read and write numbers to 100 in numerals; count in multiples of 2s, 3, 5; and 10’s from any number, forward and backward
- Given a number, identify 1 more and 1 less
- Identify and represent numbers using objects and pictorial representations including the number line, and use the language of: equal to, more than, less than (fewer), most, least
- Read and write numbers from 1 to 100 in numerals and words
- Recognise the place value of each digit in a two- digit number (10s and 1s)
- Identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations, including the number line
- Compare and order numbers from 0 up to 100; use <, > and = signs
- Use place value and number facts to solve problems
- Computer skills
- Animals including humans
- Who celebrates what and why?
- Me and my relationships
- Christmas through the years
Please make sure your child has a full, named PE kit. They need indoor and outdoor kit please – T shirt, shorts and trainers are essential items. (See website for uniform & PE list).
Tuesday is the PE day for Beech class.
Start of the Day
Please escort your child to the playground by 8:55, where they will be collected by their teacher. A member of staff will be out on the playground at 8:45 – please do not leave your child unaccompanied before then and do not wait outside the classroom.
End of Day
KS1 children finish at 3.25pm. Parents should wait outside the class door as usual. In the interests of child safety, please do not enter the school building at the end of the day. If you wish to speak to your child’s teacher then please be patient and wait until the teacher is free. Our main priority is ensuring that the children in our care are handed over to their parent or carer.
Please let school know if somebody else is picking up your child at the end of the day.
Your child will have spellings and maths learn its. They NEED to learn these off by heart. Completed tests will be sent home in their homework planner. Please practice with your child and return homework planners to school everyday.
Class Email Accounts
email@example.com – photos/homework only.
firstname.lastname@example.org – all other communication