Parents are legally obliged that, unless there is illness or some other acceptable reason for absence, children should attend school for each session during the prescribed school days of the academic year.
Children are welcome to arrive on site from 8.45am each morning. (Please note children should not be on site prior to this time as there is no supervision available).
The school’s attendance data is collated and reported to the Local Authority (LA) and Department for Education (DfE) on a regular basis.
We ask parents with children at Coppice Valley are expected to:
- inform school by telephone (01423 563760) on the first morning of any absence by 8.45am
- ensure that their child gets to school on time (no later than 8.55am)
- try not to take family holidays during term time
- ask permission from school for time off for ‘special circumstances’. Absences without permission from school will be registered as unauthorised.
The school will:
- contact parents on the first day if there is unexplained absence
- consult parents if it is felt that authorised absence is affecting progress
- encourage punctuality and good attendance through the attendance award for classes
- discuss with parents any problems with attendance and punctuality.
- in some cases where attendance is consistently poor (specifically if attendance falls below 90%) despite the above measures, the school may decide to contact the Local Authority Attendance Officer to offer support.
Please see the Policies section of the website for more information on attendance