By law parents have a duty to educate their children.
In order to facilitate this process, parents with children at Coppice Valley are expected to:
- inform school by telephone (01423 563760) on the first morning of any absence before 9.30am
- provide a note, in addition to the telephone call, to cover the absence on the child's return to school
- ensure that their child gets to school on time (8.55am)
- try not to take family holidays during term time
- ask permission from school for time off for ‘special circumstances’. Absences without permission from school will be registered as unauthorised.
The school will:
- contact parents on the first day if there is unexplained absence
- consult parents if it is felt that authorised absence is affecting progress
- encourage punctuality and good attendance through the attendance award for classes
- discuss with parents any problems with attendance and punctuality.
- in some cases where attendance is consistently poor (specifically if attendance falls below 90%) despite the above, the school may decide to contact the Educational Social Worker to offer support.
Please see the Policies section of the website for more information on attendance