All Together Anti-Bullying Programme
We are very proud to have received the GOLD All Together Award for our Anti-Bullying Work.
- The All Together Programme is the work of the Anti Bullying Alliance. Coppice Valley is a member of the alliance.
- We work to raise awareness of bullying through Anti-Bullying Week, our curriculum, values and behaviour policy.
- Our Personal, Social & Health education includes Anti-Bullying lessons for all year groups.
We share the values of the Anti Bullying Alliance, which:
- believes bullying in any form is wrong and should not be tolerated, and that any environment that encourages bullying, or shows indifference to prejudice and discrimination is unacceptable;
- believes bullying is a behaviour choice and that anyone can be encouraged to change their behaviour;
- believes all children and young people have intrinsic value and worth and we embrace their uniqueness and autonomy;
- respects difference and welcome diversity in our children, young people and in society in general, and believe our work should be inclusive of all;
- believes children and young people should have the right to feel safe, secure and valued, and that creating a safe environment and dealing with bullying is our shared responsibility;
- believes children and young people should actively participate in decisions that affect them and should be supported in taking responsibility for their choices and subsequent actions;
- supports a range of positive strategies to deal with bullying and actively challenge the use of humiliation, fear, ridicule and other similar approaches in an effort to reduce bullying;
- works within the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (Articles 14 and 28); and
- believes that people should be treated with respect and courtesy.