Apple Class Year 4
Welcome to Apple Class, Year 4
Here is our timetable for the first Summer term:
We will be continuing with our learning umbrella: AFRICA
The key questions we will be covering this half-term are:
Science - Materials and their Properties - What materials would be appropriate for an outdoor art installation?
Geography - How important is Africa to the rest of the world?
History - How have key figures in African culture, influenced current day attitudes?
Music - Why and how do musicians and composers scrutinise political issues in their music?
DT - How does Dilomprizulike’s (Junkman of Africa) sculptures reflect the disenfranchised situation of many African people?
RE - What does it mean to be a Hindu in Britain today?
Computing - What is an algorithm?
This half-term we are continuing to read 'A Good Day For Climbing Trees' by Jaco Jacobs.
We are really enjoying this book so far and look forward to finding out whether Marnus and Leila can save the tree from being cut down by the municipality.
This half-term, the spellings we will be focussing on are:
It is very important that the children keep up their practice of the times tables. The expectation by the end of Year 4 is that pupils know all their times tables up to 12. Of course, we will practice these in school but they can also practice at home on TTRockstars, https://mathsframe.co.uk/ and https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button.
In our maths lessons this half-term, we will be covering fractions, decimals, money and measure.
- This half-term, PE will take place on Tuesday of the first week back and then Monday of the second week. This then alternates. Please make sure your child has a PE kit in school on these days.
- All children should wear uniform which should be clearly named.
- Please make sure your child brings their own water bottle to school each day.
- Please ensure your child brings a coat for outdoor play.
- Drop-off time is between 8:45 - 9:00am. Pick-up time is between 3:15 - 3:30pm (please walk over to Apple classroom within this time slot to collect your child).