Sycamore Class Year 3
Welcome to Year 3 with Miss Newton and Mrs Chandler.
Welcome back to Coppice Valley and welcome to Year 3! We hope you have all had a wonderful summer and are very excited to be starting in Key Stage 2! We have lots and lots planned for this year and can't wait to get started!
If you have anything that you want to share with us (pictures, successes outside of school) then please email us on our class email;
Our class email has recently changed to the above so please make sure you send any emails to this new address.
- This half-term, PE will take place on Mondays and Wednesday each week. Please make sure your child has a PE kit in school on those days.
- All children should wear uniform which is clearly named.
- Please make sure that your child brings their own water bottle and a snack to school each day.
- Please ensure your child brings a coat for outdoor play.
- Drop-off is between 8:45-9:00 and pick-up is between 3:15-3:30 - please do not arrive before these times as gates may be locked.
Our topic for Autumn term: Anglo-Saxon Britain
Across the foundation subjects, we will work towards being able to answer key questions. Where appropriate, these questions will link to our learning umbrella of 'Anglo-Saxon Britain'. Our key questions this half-term are:
History and Art
Did the Anglo-Saxons have any impact on modern Britain?
Science and Music
What kind of music did the Anglo-Saxons listen to?
How can you tell the type of day without a clock?
Where would you build a new town?
How healthy was an Anglo-Saxon diet?
How did the Anglo-Saxons build their homes?
What do different people believe about God?
Who checks that the information on the internet is correct?
How effective is it to work on 'Word'?
Our book for this half term is King Arthur and His Knights of the Round Table by Roger Lancelyn Green. This is perhaps one of our most famous legends and hopefully a book the whole class will enjoy!
SPaG and Writing
Our key words for this half term are;
Year 3 - Maths
We will be looking at Fractions, Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division this term.
We will be focussing on the 2x, 4x and 8x table this term.
Addition in Year 3
Subtraction (finding the difference) in Year 3
What is a 'fact family'? - Year 3
Sycamore Class Yearly Overview
Our teaching timetable for Sycamore Class