Sycamore Class Year 3
Welcome to Year 3 with Miss Newton and Mrs Chandler.
Here is our teaching timetable for the summer term.
Sycamore Class Yearly Overview
Our Learning Umbrella for Summer Term: The Americas
Across the foundation subjects, we will work towards being able to answer key questions. Where appropriate, these questions will link to our learning umbrella of 'The Americas'. Our key questions this half-term are:
Should Simon Bolivar be considered a liberator or just a trouble maker?
Why was Eva Peron given the title 'Spiritual Leader of the Nation'?
What impact has Frida Kahlo had on modern culture? (textiles)
What impact is farming having on the South American rainforest? (plants, animals inc. humans and living things and their habitats)
Why was the San Francisco earthquake of 1906 so devastating? (earthquakes)
What impact is farming having on the South American rainforest? (human influences on the environment)
Why was the San Francisco earthquake of 1906 so devastating? (construction - earthquake 'proof' buildings)
How varied is North American music?
What does it mean to be a Christian in Britain today?
How do you control a sprite? (computer science)
What is a network? (computer science)
Our book for this half term is Who was Martin Luther King, Jr.? by Bonnie Bader
SPaG and Writing
Our key words for this half term are;
Year 3 - Maths
We will be looking at Time, Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division this term.
We will be focussing on the 3x, 6x and 9x table this term.
- This half-term (summer), PE will take place on Tuesday of Week 1 and Monday of Week 2. Please make sure your child has a PE kit in school on those days.
- All children should wear uniform which is clearly named.
- Please make sure that your child brings their own water bottle and a snack to school each day.
- Please ensure your child brings a coat for outdoor play.
- Drop-off is between 8:45-9:00 and pick-up is between 3:15-3:30 - please do not arrive before these times as gates may be locked. Please inform us if anybody different is picking your child up.
- If your child is swimming then please bring swimming kit on Thursdays.
If you need to contact us for any reason then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone us on 01423 563760
Addition in Year 3
Subtraction (finding the difference) in Year 3
What is a 'fact family'? - Year 3
Our teaching timetable for Sycamore Class