Weekly parent update
Posted 20th May 2022
Year 2 SATS. Our Year 2's have taken their end of KS1 SATs tests this week. They have been amazing and worked so hard each day. Well Done! We have tried to keep things as low-key as possible and not make a big fuss about the test so as not to stress the children. Thank you to all the staff who have supported the administration of the tests this week; it takes a lot of time, effort and people to run the government tests and they have all done an excellent job.
Year 6 Fund Raising Part 2! Our entrepreneurs in Year 6 are learning about money management. They have created a plan to raise money for their Leavers' hoodies and party. They have made up goodie bags of sweets to sell to children next week. The bags cost 50p. Children will not be allowed to eat them in school and will bring them home so you can decide when they are allowed them. On Wednesday 25th May, bags will be sold to Oak, Ash and Beech and on Thursday 26th May to Sycamore, Apple, Chestnut and Willow. If you would like to support the Year 6's, please send your child with 50p on the right day.
Pokemon Cards - apparently these have found their way back into school for some stealthy trading! Please double check bags and pockets. We don't allow any toys or items from home in school as they always end up lost, broken or taken. Thanks.
Our Jubilee celebration week is upon us next week!
- Mrs Nalder has upcycled old clothes, duvets and cushions into the beautiful bunting you can see at the front of school. Thank you!
- The rocks have been decorated and will be in a beautiful Queen's crown on the front grass by Tuesday. Please don't let children move the rocks.
- Listen to us on BBC Radio York from 7.30am - 9am on Tuesday 24th May
- Our Bake Off winner will receive a Betty's voucher and a very tasteful crown. Our celebrity judges will be our own expert staff-baker Mrs Siddle, Mrs Cooper from Cooper's Cakes and Bakes, a pastry chef from Betty's and Nick Hancock from Your Harrogate.
- Join us for the garden party and bake-off on Friday 27th May 1.30/1.40 -3pm (royal wear encouraged - hats, crowns, tiaras and fancy-clothes if you dare!). Please do read the instructions/information for the garden party. There is a lot of health and safety information for me to consider when we plan big events and it's vital you know what we expect on the day. I emailed out a coy earlier this week and children are bringing home paper copies tonight.
Remember we break up on Friday 27th May and return on Tuesday 7th June.
Have a lovely weekend!
Emma Meadus, Headteacher