Apple - KS2 Year 4
Welcome to Apple Class, Year 4
The Year 4 class teacher is Mrs. Hawkins and Apple Class’s teaching assistants are Mrs. Jessop (Mon,Tue,Thurs,Fri) and Mrs. Gibbons (Wed).
If you have any questions or problems, please don’t hesitate to catch one of us at the door in the morning or at pick-up or drop us an email on email@example.com.
- This half-term, PE will take place every Monday and Wednesday. Please make sure your child arrives to school in their PE kit on these days.
- All children should wear uniform which should be clearly named.
- Please make sure your child brings their own water bottle to school each day.
- Please ensure your child brings a coat for outdoor play.
- Drop-off time is between 8:45 - 8:55am. Pick-up time is 3:30pm.
Here is the teaching timetable for Apple Class for this half term:
Over this first half-term we will be covering Place Value and then moving onto Addition and Subtraction methods.
Each day, children will revisit prior learning through Early Bird Maths questions in a morning and/or Flashback 4 within lessons.
The expectation by the end of Year 4 is that pupils know all their times tables up to 12.
Of course, we will practice these in school but they can also practice at home on TTRockstars, https://mathsframe.co.uk/ and https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths- games/hit-the-button.
This half-term, we will be revisiting spellings taught in Year 3 as well as introducing new spellings. On the ‘Mid Term Plan’ document you will find the spellings we aim to cover each week this half-term. There is also a document showing you all of the Year 3 and 4 spellings children should know by the end of Year 4.