Apple - KS2 Year 4
Welcome to Apple Class, Year 4
The Year 4 class teacher is Miss. Hawkins and Apple Class’s teaching assistants are Mrs MacDonald, Mrs Brook and Mrs Robertson.
If you have any questions or problems, please don’t hesitate to catch one us at the door in the morning or at pick-up or drop us an email on email@example.com.
- This half-term, PE will take place every Monday and Thursday. Please make sure your child arrives to school in their PE kit on these days.
- All children should wear uniform which should be clearly named.
- Please make sure your child brings their own water bottle to school each day.
- Please ensure your child brings a coat for outdoor play.
- Drop-off time is between 8:45 - 8:55am. Pick-up time is 3:30pm.
Here is the teaching timetable for Apple Class for this half term:
We will begin the half-term revisiting addition and subtraction column methods before moving onto area of shapes. We will then continue the half-term focussing on times tables.
Each morning, children will revisit prior learning through Early Bird Maths questions or tasks.
The expectation by the end of Year 4 is that pupils know all their times tables up to 12.
This half-term, we will be revisiting the spellings taught in Year 3 as well as introducing new spellings. Below is a list of the spellings that children should know by the end of Year 4 – half of these spellings have already been covered in Year 3.
We will also be covering spellings that end in different suffixes:
• -tion/ -sion/ -ssion/ -cian
• -our/ -or/ -ous
• -ture/ -sure