Chestnut - KS2 Year 5
Welcome to Chestnut Class!
Welcome to Year 5, we are very much looking forward to welcoming you all back to school and getting to know you this half term. We hope you had a great summer and are rested and ready to start an amazing year.
If you have any questions or problems, please don’t hesitate to catch one us at the door in the morning or at pick-up or drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This half term, PE is on Wednesday and Thursday. You should come to school in your PE kit on these days. School PE kits should be navy joggers/shorts, white or plain navy T-shirt and a school jumper. Please note football kits are not permitted as PE kit.
- All children should wear uniform which should be clearly named.
- Please make sure your child brings their own water bottle to school each day.
- Please ensure your child brings a coat for outdoor play.
- Drop-off time is between 8:45 - 8:55am. Pick-up time is 3:30pm.
Here is the teaching timetable for Chestnut Class for this half term:
We will begin the year looking at Place Value and what makes up numbers with 6 or more digits and how to use our knowledge of rounding within these numbers. Before moving onto adding and subtracting using the column methods. In this half term, we will also begin to look at square and cubed numbers.
Each morning, between 8:45 – 9am, the children will revisit prior learning through Early Bird Maths questions or tasks. These tasks are important for developing fluency and confidence in their learning. .
It is important that the children maintain their fluency in times tables, so should continue to practice regularly using TTRs and other times table games.
On the right is a list of the spellings that children should know by the end of year 6.
This half term we will be focusing on words that end in different suffixes
- -tion/ -sion/ -ssion/ -cian
- -our/ -or/ -ous
We will continue to revisit word from Year 4, to ensure the children are confident with these.
Excellent geography pages
Maths - useful websites