Chestnut - KS2 Year 5
Welcome to Chestnut Class!
If you have any questions or problems, please don’t hesitate to catch one us at the door in the morning or at pick-up or drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This half term, PE is on Wednesday and Friday. You should come to school in your PE kit on these days. School PE kits should be navy joggers/shorts, white or plain navy T-shirt and a school jumper.
- All children should wear uniform which should be clearly named.
- Please make sure your child brings their own water bottle to school each day.
- Please ensure your child brings a coat for outdoor play.
- Drop-off time is between 8:45 - 8:55am. Pick-up time is 3:30pm.
Here is the teaching timetable for Chestnut Class for this half term:
Our Learning Umbrella for this term will be...
The English Civil War
We will begin the year looking at Place Value and what makes up numbers with 6 or more digits and how to use our knowledge of rounding within these numbers. Before moving onto adding and subtracting using the column methods. In this half term, we will also begin to look at square and cubed numbers.
Each morning, children will revisit prior learning through Early Bird Maths questions or tasks.
It is important that the children maintain their fluency in times tables, so should continue to practice regularly using TTRs and other times table games.
On the right is a list of the spellings that children should know by the end of Year 6.
This half term we will be focusing on words that end in different suffixes
- -tion/ -sion/ -ssion/ -cian
- -our/ -or/ -ous
We will continue to revisit word from Year 4, to ensure the children are confident with these.
Excellent geography pages
Maths - useful websites