Friday Letter from the Headteacher
Posted 10th November 2023
Message from Miss McNamara
It has been a fun but busy first week back and we are busy planning all things Christmas.
This year, we are really excited to be getting the stage out and putting on a Christmas performance with Oak and Beech class. There will be two performances on Thursday 14th December at 10am (for grandparents) and 2pm (for parents). We will give more details nearer the time.
We will still be having the annual Christmas concert at St Johns, the date of this is still to be confirmed, but we will let you know asap.
This year, we would like to invite parents and carers in to make a Christmas craft with your child, which you will be able to take home and add to your collection of decorations.
We would love for you to join us in the main hall at 2:15pm for craft, festive music and mince pies.
The dates for these for each class are at the end of this newsletter.
Times Tables Rock Stars
As you know from our e-mail earlier this week, we are re-launching Times Tables Rock Stars next week. We will be taking part in a national contest that will run from 14th November to 16th November. To launch the week, we will be having an assembly on Monday afternoon with a teacher times tables battle (!) and an ex-pupil drumming. On Friday, as a celebration of the week, we will be dressing as rock stars. Air guitars and cool hair are essential!
Rules of the national competition:
Using TTRS, learners will try to answer as many multiplication and division questions correctly as they can. The winning school and class will be based on the highest average number of correct answers per pupil.
Every correct answer that a student gives, in any game type, between the hours of 7:30am to 7:30pm each day will contribute to their class and school score. There is a 60-minute limit playtime per player, per day.
We would like to remind parents to pay for the Christmas Panto via ParentPay. We are going as a whole-school on 29th November and currently have an outstanding balance of £500.
Calling all dads and grandads! Our social media following is overwhelmingly female and we want more of our dads and grandads to follow our content. Please encourage this at home. Only 21.7% of our followers are male relatives of friends of the school.
All of our dates are on our website calendar, but here are some key dates to help you keep track at this busy time of year:
- Friday 17th November - Rock Star Dress-up Day
- Monday 18th November - PTFA Christmas Meeting 6pm-8pm
- 21st - 23rd November - Parents' Meetings (please book via Arbor, 4pm-6pm)
- Wednesday 29th November - Panto Trip
- Saturday 9th December - Christmas Fair 2pm-4pm
- Thursday 14th December - EYFS/Y1 Christmas Performance (10am grandparents, 2pm parents)
- 15th or 18th December - St John's Carol Concert, 2pm (tbc)
Crafternoon Dates, 2:15pm:
- Willow – Tuesday 5th December
- Ash – Wednesday 6th December
- Apple – Monday 11th December
- Chestnut – Tuesday 12th December
- Sycamore – Wednesday 13th December
- Beech – Tuesday 19th December
- Oak – Wednesday 20th December